Menu

Home » Apologies & Retractions»

George Stephanopoulos apologized again this morning on ABC News for his undisclosed $75,000 donation to the Clinton Foundation (Credit: ABC News, screenshot)

ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos apologized on air this morning yet again for his undisclosed $75,000 donation to the Clinton Foundation.

“Those donations were a matter of public record, but I should have made additional disclosures on air when discussing the Foundation,” Stephanopoulos said, according to Mediaite. “I should have gone the extra mile to avoid even the appearance of a conflict.”

Watch the apology below via Breitbart.

You May Also Like...

The Misleading ABC/Washington Post Poll on Hillary Clinton’s Emails [PollSkeptic News Briefs]

Stephanopoulos apologized on Friday morning’s Good Morning America, as iMediaEthics previously reported.

Stephanopoulos, a former communications director for President BIll Clinton, said Thursday that he made the donations from 2012 to 2014, which he hadn’t disclosed previously, as iMediaEthics reported, He said he “thought that my contribution were a matter of public record” but admitted that he should have told both ABC News and viewers about the donations when reporting on the foundation.

Stephanopoulos also said he won’t moderate the 2016 presidential debate on ABC News next year.

Submit a tip / Report a problem

2nd On-Air Apology from George Stephanopoulos over Clinton Foundation Cash

Share this article:

Comments Terms and Conditions

  • We reserve the right to edit/delete comments which harass, libel, use coarse language and profanity.
  • We moderate comments especially when there is conflict or negativity among commenters.
  • Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *