Menu

Home » Censorship»

(Credit: Voice Weekly, screenshot)

Earlier this week, we highlighted two Myanmar weeklies that said the government “suspended…indefinitely” their publications.

But, both Voice Weekly and Envoy will be publishing again by August 18, Reuters reported.

You May Also Like...

Reuters relies on Blogger, iCasualties.org, for War Dead Numbers

Reuters linked the recent anti-censorship protests in Myanmar to the two outlets being told they can publish.  Also in protest, The Messenger ran a “blacked-out…front page” August 6.

Burmese news site Mizzima wrote of the 100+ journalists protesting : “It was a rare public protest by Burmese journalists confronting the government over the issue of freedom of speech and the press.”

Submit a tip / Report a problem

Burma’s Voice Weekly & Envoy’s Suspensions Are Lifted

Share this article:

Comments Terms and Conditions

  • We reserve the right to edit/delete comments which harass, libel, use coarse language and profanity.
  • We moderate comments especially when there is conflict or negativity among commenters.
  • Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *