Nominations are open for this year’s Mirror Awards, which shine a rare light on self-criticism in the journalism industry.
“The awards honor the reporters, editors and teams of writers who hold a mirror to their own industry for the public’s benefit,” the awards’ website states. Nominate here by submitting to the upcoming Mirror Awards until Feb. 15.
Who’s eligible? Anyone who covers the media: “The Mirror Awards are open to anyone who conducts professional reporting, commentary or criticism of the media industry—television, newspaper, magazine, radio, advertising, public relations, the Internet and other forms of content-rich digital communications,” the awards’ nomination guidelines read.
You May Also Like...
This is the ninth year the awards have been given. Winners will be announced in June.
Read the nomination guidelines.
The six categories are:
- Best Single article – Traditional/Legacy Media
- Best Single article – Digital Media
- Best Single story – Radio, Television, Cable or Online Broadcast Media
- Best Profile – Traditional/Legacy or Digital Media
- Best Commentary – Traditional/Legacy or Digital Media
- John M. Higgins Award for Best In-Depth/Enterprise Reporting