Syracuse University’s Newhouse School announced the finalists for its annual Mirror Awards today.
Finalists include journalists at Yahoo, Columbia Journalism Review, The New Republic, Nieman Reports, the Baltimore Sun, the New York Times Magazine, Politico, and New York magazine.
Finalists for the John M. Higgins Award for Best In-Depth/Enterprise Reporting are:
You May Also Like...
- “The Wolf of Sesame Street: Revealing the secret corruption inside PBS’s news division” by David Sirota (PandoDaily)
- “Why the music industry is trying – and failing – to crush Pandora” by John McDuling (Quartz)
- “The Snowden Saga: A Shadowland of Secrets and Light” by Bryan Burrough, Sarah Ellison, Suzanna Andrews (Vanity Fair)
- “What Happened When Marissa Mayer Tried to Be Steve Jobs” by Nicholas Carlson (The New York Times Magazine)
- “He Bullies Kids and Calls It News” by Brandy Zadrozny (The Daily Beast)
See the full list of finalists.
The awards contest received “more than 300 entries,” the press release from the school said.
Winners will be named at the awards ceremony June 11 at New York City’s Cipriani 42nd Street.