Home » Libel»

Glenn Beck. (Credit: Flickr, "Gage Skidmore")

Glenn Beck is calling for the dismissal of the libel lawsuit against him filed by a Boston Marathon spectator who he called a “very bad, bad, bad man.”

As iMediaEthics wrote, Alharbi, who was injured at the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings where he was a spectator, filed a lawsuit this spring against Beck, his news site The Blaze and two radio companies.

Beck also called Alharbi “the money man” in the bombings.  And, The Blaze reported based on anonymous sources that Alharbi was going to be deported. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said last year Alharbi as “never even really a person of interest.”

You May Also Like...

NYPost says 'Bag Men' Headline 'Attention Getter' Not Libel

Beck filed a dismissal request in the U.S. District Court for Boston, Boston Business Journal reported June 1.  In that request, Beck’s lawyers say his comments were “Constitutionally-protected criticism of the government’s handling of national security,” according to Boston Business Journal.

Beck also claims Alharbi was a public figure at the time of his comments.

iMediaEthics has written to Alharbi’s lawyer for comment.

Submit a tip / Report a problem

Glenn Beck wants Boston Marathon bombings libel lawsuit dismissed

Share this article: